Sunday, July 24, 2005
Dukes of Hazzard movie
Was this really necessary? Sometimes we can afford to be nostalgic about the past because we are assured that's where events will stay, in the past. In my family we were big "Dukes of Hazzard" watchers. My little brother, who would have been around five when the series started, loved it. My parents and grandparents used to love to get him to do the "Yee Haa, Yaa Hoo!" rebel yell. Dance monkey, dance!

Do we really need a remake of this? With Jessica Simpson and Johnny Knoxville? The innocence of those Dukes days are long gone. Already the actor who played Cooter is warning people away from the movie until they "clean it up." Oy vey. I predict that this movie will not win hearts and minds to the joys of hillbilly life and booze smuggling. What a waste. But then again, I predicted Keanu Reeve's new sci-fi movie "The Matrix" would tank.