OK, actually I mean folks from the British Isles. My apologies to the Irish, who are included in this list. These folks are not necessarily ranked in order of preference. I have no idea how these people rank as humans. This is a shallow assessment, mostly based on cute accents :)
- Lyrical genius and enigmatic too. I wish I could see him in concert. Still.
2. Freddie Mercury
- Long live the Queen! Flamboyant and so so talented. A larger than life character who is sorely missed.
3. David Bowie
- A very talented man who has done so much behind the scenes to shape the music scene and help other musicians. He's a clever marketer, too.
4. Christian Bale
- Born in Wales. He's been my list for years. I can't wait for Batman Returns. Sorry Heath, I'll still be watching it for Christian. Please forgive me.
5. Simon Pegg
- My most recent discovery. Still can't wait to see "Run, Fatboy, Run."
6. Daniel Craig
- James Bond. Seriously, he melts my butter. Can't wait for November and the release of "Quantum of Solace."
7. Liam Neeson
- Irish. I've liked him since way back in the eighties. Casting him in a movie is a sure way to gain my interest.
8. Ewan McGregor
- I've enjoyed him in numerous films. He's a pretty ballsy actor, not afraid to let it all hang out.
9. Jonathan Rhys-Meyers
- I think I fell for him in "Bend it Like Beckham." Those eyes! That face! Whew!
10. Eddie Izzard
- Funniest comedian in a dress, EVAR! I like his comedy, fast-paced and intelligent. Sometimes it's hard to keep up!
11. Jennifer Saunders
- Come on, Edina Monsoon? Everything I never want to be in a mother. Brilliant! No wait...absolutely fabulous!
12. Kate Winslet
- Strikes me as a human person, with her priorities in the right place (children!). I probably wouldn't want to know her politics though. Just a suspicion...
13. Hugh Grant
- Always entertaining, even though I suspect he's always playing himself.
14. John Cleese
- I've loved Monty Python since I can remember. John manages to pop up in the most unexpected places.
Left off intentionally:Jude Law
- Nice eye candy, seems like a lout in real life.Colin Ferrell
- Also a lout, not even that nice looking.UPDATE:
I'm updating to include a glaring omission. Billy Idol
. I know this will sound like a lame excuse, but he's been in the U.S. so long that I had about forgotten that he's really British. Duh.