Monday, July 25, 2005
I have the hairiest baby I know
(My work, reposted from the B.O.M.B)

It's not her fault. I can't even blame her genes. It's the animals. Two dogs and one cat. They shed enough hair in a day to knit a sweater. I can't take it anymore. It was hard enough coping with hair on everything before the baby came along. Now it's just horrible. I literally have to sweep the floor every time I put her down. That's why it took her until almost 9 months to crawl, I didn't want to put her down!

Despite my reluctance to let my baby touch any surfaces in my house, she indeed does crawl now. And she doesn't want to be held back. I'm having difficulty coping with this. I am one of those mommies that is always plucking off every stray hair, every piece of lint, and every little everything that would mar the perfection that is my princess. Now I can't keep up. I know I have to let go a little, unclench. It's hard.

So now, she sweeps the floor for me. Everything she wears goes straight to the hamper. New pajamas every night. If we're going out, dressing the baby is the last thing that gets done so we can bolt out of the house without touching anything. I'm thoroughly defeated by hair.