Monday, July 25, 2005
Last night
Emma didn't go to sleep until 10:15. A full 2 hrs. and 45 mins. later than usual. We tried everything. We finally decided she HAD to be teething so we gave her anbesol and tylenol. Later, it occurred to me that it might not be teething at all. I honestly think we were being played. And don't tell me that a 9.5 month old can't do it. When we left the room she would cry piteously, you'd think she was dying in there. Come back in the room and it's PLAYTIME! Lay her on her back and she's back on her feet by the time you're at the other end of the crib. I tried to sit there quietly beside the crib so she could relax and go to sleep. But nooooooo...she's up reaching at me trying to grab some hair. To add insult to injury she's yawning and rubbing her eyes like a fiend, but will not give up. So we did the most awful horrible terrible thing a parent can ever do. We left the room. Let her cry until she realized playtime was over and went to sleep.