Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Sex charges for kissing baby's belly-button
This is the sort of thing that pisses me off, depresses me and worries me at the same time. It is just wrong on so many levels. First of all, who looks at a picture like that and assumes first that kissing a naked baby on the belly button is sexual assault? Secondly, what the heck is up with Eckerd Drug? Good to know they're the moral police for us. Third, what the heck is wrong with people who insist on sexualizing very young children? We know there indeed are evil people in this world who would do harm to innocents, but thankfully they are very few and far between. What about the rest of us? Those of us who love our little babies and love and hug and kiss them all day in all states of dress? I've blown zerberts on Emma's belly between diaper changes, thank God there were no photos taken and sent to Eckerd Drug!

I feel for these parents because once Child Protective Services swoops in you're screwed. These parents have been robbed of the crucial first year of their son's development because of some damned busybody. If that were me I'd have a rage about it that would never be quenched.

Disclaimer: I realize that there may be more here than is being presented in the article, but my comments are based solely on the article as presented.