Monday, July 18, 2005
Welcome to my blog
I'm blogging. Isn't it obvious? My main motivation is to have a journal of this time in my life and the life of my child. So I certainly hope there is some way to preserve all this!

A Deviated Path is my life right now. It's not what I pictured at all. I was resigned to being childless after seven years of trying. I had my future set in my head; Vegas vacations, occasional travel and year after year of seasonal/annual events to mark the passage of time. That's all changed now. I'm on a new path, motherhood. I didn't think it was for me, truly. Too much required. I don't have it in me. Or so I thought. I'm going to steal a quote from a friend's blog because it truly spoke to me:

"The moment a child is born, a mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~ Rajneesh

That's me, something new.