Monday, August 22, 2005
100th Post!
They want my baby. Noni and Popi want to have her overnight. By themselves. Without me. They've warned me before that this was coming. Still, I'm not sure if I'm ready. What the heck would I do with myself if they took my baby and I'm stuck at home in the mountains? Clean the house? Hell no. I've given up on that. No more cleaning here. I have a baby, cleaning is not a priority anymore.

See, they get the best of both worlds. They have my baby and they get to be where there's stuff to do. I'm SOL.

I know they'd take good care of her, that's not the issue. They'd spoil her to pieces. It just makes my stomach weak to think about being without her.

I guess what I could do is consider the possibility of participating in some grown-up activity in the future and having them take her for the night then. That might work. Or, I offered to house swap, they can spend the weekend in the lovely mountains in my house and we'd stay in theirs and go on a date or something. I didn't get a warm response to that one. I guess they'd be bored to tears here too.

Anyway...I'm sure the (gentle, but always lingering) pressure will only crank up from here.