Friday, August 19, 2005
Going to the Fair this evening
This is the one in the county where I came from. We're meeting up with Noni and Popi. We've been doing this every summer for years and years. This time there will be five of us. Our fair experience rarely varies. We hit the commercial exhibits, cruise through the rides, check out the cows in the barns, cruise through the games (avoiding eye contact with the "game dudes") and usually have some form of food that's bad for us. They get to look at the chicks and bunnies, but it's an instant sneeze-fest for me if I go. We also look at the flower exhibits. We've never done an actual show in the Grandstand. Once we saw motorcross with kids on the bikes. Then they'll have the modern versions of sideshows, which are along the lines of stunt motorcycles or trapese acts or pig races. My home county is fairly large with a lot of agri-industry so the fair there is a pretty good one.

It's alway fun to bump into people I recognize. Sometimes I'll see an old classmate. Most times it's just people my parents know.

I'm a bit apprehensive about keeping Emma up late for this. I hate to throw her off routine, but this is a good excuse I think. I hope the consequences aren't too dire.