Monday, August 29, 2005
Home sick today
Emma woke up with the fever again this morning. I gave her the Motrin again and 45 mins. later fever was down to 100.2. Mom recommended against to going to babysitter, M. said he'd send her. I agonized for a little while and decided to stay home with her. I'm trying to guard my sick days for later use. But I don't want to send my fevered child to contaminate other children when I don't know where this is heading. Finally I decided to stay home with her. Storm watching might have tipped the scale a little. ;)

The fever seems to have abated but my god is she needy. She is dissolving into tears at everything. This is so unlike her. She woke up from her morning nap in this state. Clung to me and wouldn't consider playing on the floor. When I put her in her high chair for lunch she acted as though I'd killed her favorite pet. Sheesh. Twenty minutes later lunch was OK. Go figure.

After lunch she is much better. She had her second dose of Motrin and now she's crawling all around the living room and jabbering to herself.