Monday, August 15, 2005
Medical News ALERT!
I usually consider medical and health news to be just about worthless. Scientists change their minds way to often to be taken seriously. They’ll come up with some sensational claim this year and then reverse themselves next year. So when I link to medical news it is always with a skeptical eye. Here’s today’s news flash:

Just a few drinks in pregnancy could harm baby

I just explained that alcohol is not part of my everyday life so it wasn’t hard for me to abstain during pregnancy. Unfortunately I had a big ol’ mudslide a week before I knew I was pregnant. The irony in that situation is that I hadn’t had any alcohol for a year previous to that because I was on Metformin. I finally said, “Hell with it, I’ll have a drink,” only to find out later that I was pregnant. Sigh. This is what happens when I go wild. I can’t get away with anything.