Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Queen + Paul Rodgers
I should be thrilled that Queen is touring again. Eh, whatever. It's only two original members, Brian May and Roger Taylor. I haven't even heard Paul Rodgers singing their tunes. It's just beyond impossible to replace the unmistakable voice of Freddie Mercury. The closest I heard was when George Michael sang with them at the Freddie Mercury Tribute at Wembley. Anyway...they only have two tour dates in the US, one in NJ and one in CA.

I don't want to accuse Brian and Roger of being sellouts or trading on the Queen name. In my mind real musicians are the ones that will continue to make music whatever the circumstances. They can hit the pinnacle of fame and fall to the depths of anonymity, but still they're called to make music. Brian and Roger will be at it till their dying breath. I'm just happy for them that they can trade on the goodwill that the original band generated. It just makes me miss Freddie again.