Friday, August 05, 2005
Volunteer? Maybe not.
Well, I made arrangements to be available to volunteer for the road bike challenge tonight. They called and asked me to work. The plan was to pick up Emma from the sitter's, take her to MIL's to feed her, then take her to the high school where the registration is being held. DH was going to pick up some dinner to bring me when he got off work, then he was going to take Emma home and do the evening routine with her. So I show up to work and, ta daaaa, all the seats are filled, they don't need me. Great. I just arranged my whole evening around this.

Sooo...I get to go home, make supper, and do all my usual chores. What an anti-climax. Don't these people realize that I look forward to ogling fit, athletic cyclists in their tight biking shorts? I mean, damn!

I blame the new management.