Friday, September 16, 2005
Baby Burrito
My brother was home from Germany for surgery on his leg when Emma was born. His surgery was the week before she came and he was barely ambulatory. Mom brought him over to our house for a few days right after I got home from the hospital. She had both of her invalids under one roof taking care of each other. I was just glad to have an experienced dad (3 kids) on hand. Sometime during his stay he offered to take the late shift, giving me and M. a break. I was sure he'd have things fully under control. Sure enough, when I came downstairs in the morning, this is what I found. A professionally wrapped burrito baby:

The rest of the story is that, no, he didn't have an easy time of it. She was awake from about 1:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. for him (just like she did for us).