Thursday, September 08, 2005
Yes, I'm ready for some football
...

It starts tonight! Woo hoo! All other sports pale in comparison. Pro Basketball, boring. Baseball, deathly boring. Golf, well, I watch that because every time Tiger slices one onto the wrong fairway I think to myself "I can play like the pros!"

Football is in my blood. My mother was in RFK stadium for a Redskins game the day before I was born (two weeks late!). I've been a Redskins fan from the next day on. We've seen some really happy days as fans, and some long low periods (now). The return of Joe Gibbs has given us hope, but the day of the prima donna player is upon us. I don't know if even Gibbs can conquer the me, me, me egos of the entitled playas. Frankly, the thing we pray most for it to please just beat the Cowboys. Sigh.