Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Face plant #234
My child seems to walk around with no regard for anything happening below her waist. I can see she is going to trip over something from a mile away and she just keeps on going till she's down. She doesn't even look.

I love this Laugh and Learn House we got for her but in order for it to be stable it protrudes into the floor at four corners. For a walking child this is just a miserable, cruel joke. She can't walk around it to play without tripping at all four corners. You might think she'd learn...well sometimes she avoids one. But more often than not it's CRASH! She doesn't seem to mind so much, but it's hard for a mommy to watch.

And then all the toys on the floor trip her up continually. To her, playing IS littering the floor with toys. Those same toys trip her up every few steps.

I also wish my feet were retractable. I can't even count how many times she's tripped over my feet, walking in front of me when I'm sitting. I can't make the suckers disappear but she continues to fall over the same feet again and again.