Saturday, October 29, 2005
The Return Trip
We left the Trunk or Treat shortly after 7:30 p.m. That would get us home right around 9:00 p.m. I would like to say that Emma cried and complained the whole way home but that would be an exaggeration. She finally fell asleep about 10 minutes from home. So I got to listen to alternating whining, crying and hollering for roughly 1:15 to 1:20 minutes. I really tried to have a good attitude about it. I stopped the car twice and found her paci and gave it to her. She would pause crying for about 30 seconds or so every once in a while. I'd think "Great! maybe she's done and will fall asleep now." Nope. As soon as I was within range I called home and gave M. instructions to have her room ready, have a bottle ready and have her medicine droppers ready to go. There would be no bath tonight and this child was going straight to bed. And that's how it worked. She wasn't happy at being awakened to come in the house, but the bottle made everything better. Thank God we've still got that.