Tuesday, October 04, 2005
Unexpected visit
I got a call at work today from Noni. Dad's cousin is in from Seattle and they were all going to come over and see us after work. Woo hoo! I visited with the cousin and his family when I was in Seattle and had a great time. I told him all about the Civil War battlefield nearby because he's a big genealogy and Civil War buff. My ancestors fought for the Blue and the Grey. Different families, different sides.

Anyway...I took Emma home and gave her supper and dressed her in something cute. The outfit fit last time she wore it but this time it was capri length. Oh well, capris are in style. We headed back to town. I thought there was a paci in the car, but later found out that this was not so. Too bad. Tonight was the night she decided that quiet cooperation while eating out was optional and she was opting not. She did a lot of screaming. Joy! And me without my plug for the yell-hole.

Later Noni pulled me aside and told me to be sure I didn't leave the house without the paci again. She even threatened to carry one in her purse as a back-up. Of course she said it all with love ;) Uh, by then I was considering having one stashed in every single place I visit on the East Coast. What could that cost? It couldn't be that bad.

In the end, I wish I had had more time to concentrate on visiting these people we see maybe once every five or ten years. Unfortunately I can imagine many more such frustrating visits in my foreseeable future.