Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Our busy day
I got up at 6:30 and headed straight for the shower. I was determined to get some shopping in before Emma's morning nap. Thank goodness for holiday doorbusters. Noni got to get Emma up and have some time with her before she went to work. And we were still able to make it to Kohl's around 8:00 a.m. I got some things for SIL, nephew, a shirt for me (woo hoo!) and a couple of rolls of wrapping paper. Sadly, my great little shopper is not so great anymore. Now that she's mobile she wants out of the stroller. If I capitulate and let her out I just end up chasing her the whole time and can't shop worth a damn. Sigh. I'm sad it couldn't last forever, her being such a great shopper.

I pushed my luck and popped into TJ Maxx before heading back to the house. I wanted more of the poinsettia Christmas cards like those a few of you have received. We went in right after they turned on the lights. lol

We still made it home by 9:30 and I scrambled her and egg for breakfast. Then she went down for nap. I played on the computer till she woke up

We went to visit Emma's great-grandmother at her senior apartment complex. We visited a little in her apartment and then Noni met us in a cafe downstairs for lunch. Emma was a major hit. All of the oldsters had to stop by and comment on her. About 20% complimented us on our little boy, despite the pink socks, flowers on the shirt and cute sweater. lol

Emma was just so purposeful striding around the place she was a magnet for attention. Fortunately it was all good attention. She behaved magnificently. Just as we were getting ready to leave for more shopping she started to get crabby again. We ended up going to Target, where I bought little gifts for the other kids at Emma's babysitter's. I also got the 20Q thingy that was recommended on the mommy board as a stocking stuffer for M. Shhhh, don't tell.

We hit TJ Maxx one more time for Noni's benefit and then headed back to the house in hopes Emma could catch a late afternoon nap. My only purchase the second time there was two lift-the-flap books. I've decided that the one's with the flaps glued on are basically disposable. I look for the ones where the pages are layer paperboard and the flaps are cut out. They last much longer.