Saturday, January 14, 2006
Blown all the way home
Man is it windy tonight! Nasty, bitter cold. I can feel puffs of wind coming in around the windows. Yuck.

We spent the day with Noni and Popi. It was a pretty casual day. The only thing I needed to do was pop by Costco and pick up a case of diapers. It was nice to spend an unhurried day with them.

All week it's been unseasonably warm here. Really nice. It was 54 degrees when we went to bed last night. Today it all ended. I'm looking at 18 on the thermometer now. When we headed home I had warnings from M. to keep my eyes peeled for debris in the road from the wind and prepare for some blowing snow when I got home. About 1/3 of the way home my high beam switch malfunctioned. It was stuck on. I was apologizing out loud to every car I blinded as I passed. I kept fiddling till I finally hit it just the right way to turn it off. Then I was afraid to turn it back on. So now I'm supposed to be scanning the road for debris on low beams. Fortunately there was only one place where I had to pull an evasive maneuver. For the most part the stuff in the roads could be characterized as twigs. Only one real branch. We made it. Whew!