Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Confessional
When I was in high school I was not a hot property with the boys. I was a guy's girl, the one that listened while they bitched about their girlfriends. We were pals. I wasn't conventionally pretty and I was chunky.



My romantic notions were probably influenced by numerous John Hughes movies and maybe Grease 2. So here was my big dream from high school...
That a foreign exchange student from Australia would come to my high school. He'd be hot and blonde and he'd have that rockin' accent and he'd think that I was the most desirable girl in the school. And...that was pretty much it. I guess it wasn't worth fleshing out too far, even then.

With my luck, I'd have been the object of desire of a foreign exchange student more along the lines of Long Duk Dong.