Thursday, January 19, 2006
I find this disturbing
This is Nicole Ritchie, daughter to Lionel Ritchie. Famous for being Paris Hilton's friend (once) and being in the Simple Life show with her. Now I think the show is kaput and she's just famous for being famous. What is upsetting to me is that young girls will look up to her because she is fabulous, rich and wears all the right clothes. They'll want to be like her, even though she is severely underweight. I see hospitilization in her near future.

I would rather my daughter aspire to the solid and healthy physique of an athlete. I wish I could find a picture of what I mean. I would be so much happier if she was a fit 145-150 lbs. and happy with her strength and energy, than to look like she's two toes into the grave already from starvation.



I borrowed this picture from Pink is the New Blog, which I am happy to give a link. I hope he doesn't mind. I took only the picture, not his bandwidth. The commentary in pink is his.