Wednesday, January 11, 2006
My tea cups...for Andrea
This collection was actually assembled for me by Bea Bea, Noni's mom. She was quite the treasure hunter and loved to find something good at flea markets and yard sales. She compiled a four person setting of china for me this way. I think the pattern might be English Rose. Each of these tea cups is slightly different, so technically they're mismatched. I think it makes them all the more charming.

Tea cup One: This one is the fanciest with the roses both inside the cup and outside, and embossing on the outside.





Tea cup Two: this one is a plainer, nothing on the inside and the contour is not as interesting.



Tea cup Three: this is the wide body model, nothing on the inside.



Tea cup Four: this one has the interesting countour and embossing, but the flower on the inside is smaller than the first one.





This cup is not part of the set. Popi's mom's first china set was this white (or cream) set. She gave it to my Aunt Patty who hand painted a place setting for each of us. This was mine.



Bonus: Here is the creamer to go along with the set.