Monday, January 23, 2006
Ringside seat
It's fascinating to watch Emma's development. I can remember waiting and waiting for her to get the pincher grasp. Now she just amazes me with some of the motor skills she is displaying. It's neat to watch her try different ways of doing things and seeing her fail or succeed. In the first picture she was trying to carry these two blocks without dropping the top one and she figured out that mashing her face against the top one would hold it. It's harder than it looks because those are stacking blocks with no bottom and very light and unwieldy.



This one I'm showing you because she was lining up the blocks so they touched. She was fitting them perfectly together.



This one just floored me. I wasn't even watching when she built this tower. I guess she decided it was high enough because in the picture she's trying to pick up the whole thing with the bottom block.