Monday, February 20, 2006
Dis?
One of the reasons I hang out with mommies online is because we learn from each other. Theoretically. We share our experiences, answer each other's questions and commiserate. Andrea tells me her story of how it took them weeks to figure out Henry's "Dis is dis?" meant "what is this?" He was exploring his world and they were being entirely unhelpful, until they figured it out.

So you would think that I might have learned something from that. NOT. It just occured to us this weekend, and I think that Noni even had to point it out, that Emma's "Dis?" was basically "what is dis?" Gaaaaaah! So now we know. And now I spend my day naming everything. While I was doing laundry she was picking things from the pile, holding them up and saying "dis?" And I'd tell her. She might actually start learning something despite her dense parents.

As I was writing this I asked M. how long he thinks she might have been saying that. A month! Arrrgh.