Monday, February 27, 2006
A few more random thoughts on death...
And then I think I'm done for a while. Maybe.

The 25 year-old neighbor that died; I spoke to her grandmother today. They haven't gotten the autopsy results yet, but they think she died of an aneurysm. That's like winning the bad luck lottery. People seldom have any idea an aneurysm is coming. Pop! and you're dead. Horrifying if you think about it. I never asked the grandmother any of this. She just volunteered it. I guess she's gotten into the habit of telling her story.

Today is Pop's birthday. He died in 1998.

Mom and Dad wondered if one of my motivations for the suicide article was my ex. See, he also committed suicide. The strange thing is...it never crossed my mind. He killed himself eight years after the last time I saw him. To be perfectly honest he never once crossed my mind as I wrote that. I thought of many stories and examples, but never his. I never even made a connection till Mom mentioned it. Kinda strange.