Sunday, February 26, 2006
Last words
I was trying to track down where I might have read a quote about not committing suicide because of an overwhelming curiosity about tomorrow. I never found it. Although I did find an essay by H. L. Mencken on the topic. I also found a list of the last words of famous people. It's pretty interesting. Like I can picture myself spouting meaningful last words. Right.

Here are a few:

I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.
~~ Humphrey Bogart, actor, d. January 14, 1957

Oh, I am not going to die, am I? He will not separate us, we have been so happy.
Spoken to her husband of 9 months, Rev. Arthur Nicholls.
~~ Charlotte Bronte, writer, d. March 31, 1855

I'm bored with it all.
Before slipping into a coma. He died 9 days later.
~~ Winston Churchill, statesman, d. January 24, 1965

Here you can read the rest if you're interested.