Friday, February 24, 2006
Panic
When I dropped Emma off at Mary's this morning we chatted a little. She was telling me that another new mommy who is starting back to work had called her and asked her to keep her infant. Mary told her "no" that she couldn't do it right now, she had a full house. But then Mary said she got to thinking that in the fall she'll be down to three kids so maybe she'll reconsider. Then she said "I wonder what Emma will think."

My heart dropped to my shoes and I started to panic. Wait! Emma's the baby here, you're not allowed to take in more babies! You have to have room for my new baby that I may or may not have! OK, how about if I promise to start trying for a baby this summer? Will you tell the other mother "no?"

Thank God none of this actually came out of my mouth. But it's definitely affected me strangely. I may be in the market for Malaysian condoms soon.