Saturday, April 29, 2006
The big park
This was the first time Emma had ever been to a big park with lots of other children. We started in a more secluded area where there was just a few things she could do. There was a tall slide that had stairs so she could climb up herself and then slide down into our arms. Don't get me wrong, we stayed with her up the steps, but you know she can't do a ladder yet.

I was anxious for her to move on the the "kid's castle" where she'd mingle with other kids. I can't say that was the best thing. She seemed agitated once we got over there. She may have been overstimulated. She did a lot of things that she could, but she was peevish most of the time. She really threw a fit when she couldn't do the big kid swings. I even tried to take her on my lap. That pissed her off even more.

Needless to say, I carried her kicking and screaming from the park when it was time to go. But I suppose that would have been her reaction at any time I chose to go. She definitely wasn't the perfect example of a well-behaved child.

On the flipside, we did have some fun.