Saturday, April 01, 2006
Daylight Savings Tonight!
This always reminds me of the time when I was 13-ish and was babysitting for a 6 or 7 year-old. I friend was coming over to spend the night when I got the last minute call for help. I asked my friend if she wanted to come over babysit with me. It was fine with her and fine with the mama.

We knew it was daylight savings that night. After the little girl went to bed we got the bright idea to be good samaritans and set their clocks for them. But we couldn't remember for sure which way it went. So we debated...was it Spring forward, Fall back or Spring back, Fall forward. Once we hashed it out we fixed all their clocks for them. The parents got home around 11:00 p.m. and my friend and I walked home (just a few doors away).

When we got home we realized that we were going to have to call them and tell them to reset all their clocks again because we had gotten it wrong!