Wednesday, April 05, 2006
My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...
I worked until noon and then came home to finish packing. In just a little while I'll head back to town to pick up Emma. So the countdown begins. M. is working regular schedule today so he'll be home sometime after 6:30 p.m. The plan is to eat supper (canned pot roast), give Emma her bath, put her in her pajamas and head for Noni and Popi's to spend the night.

We need to be at the airport tomorrow by 10:30 so we'll leave from Noni's about 8:00 a.m. or so. Emma and Noni are going with us to the airport. I'm thinking that will be hard.

We fly from Dulles to Detroit, where we will have a layover of about three hours before boarding the plane to Frankfurt. Since M. is a big Detroit Tigers fan we plan to hit the shops in the terminal and see what goodies we can find. I'm a reluctant flyer at best, so every moment on the ground is grace to me.

I'm not sure how blogging will go. I hope to get on and update with some pictures, but I don't want to do it at the expense of time with my brother and his family. So we'll see how it goes. We're taking Gingey with us so that will add an extra element of fun. You can read about his travels here on Jamie's blog.

Auf Wiedersehen!