Sunday, April 09, 2006
Noni's Emma Report
Here it is in it's entirety:

Day 2
Hi Mommy and Daddy,
Today was my first full day with Noni and Popi.

I got up at 7AM and played with Popi before he went to work. Then Noni fixed me some breakfast. I watched Elmo while Noni got dressed and did her hair. We shopped at Costco for a while (Noni bought me a new outfit) and then she started to take me to her office. BUT, I was so tired I fell asleep in the car so Noni took me home and put me in my nice bed for the rest of my nap.

I woke up just when Popi called to say he would meet us for lunch. Noni changed my clothes because it was so nice and sunny and warm. I wore my new Dora outfit. It looked so cute on me. At least Noni thought it did and so did Popi. We had lunch with Popi at Burger King and I ate a very good lunch. You would have been proud of me. Popi walked me outside while Noni packed everything up and we chased flower petals that were blowing in the wind. I giggled and thought that was fun.

After Popi left us, Noni took me to the Court House and I met Miss Lynn, who gives me such nice gifts and some of the other ladies that work there. It was such a pretty day that Noni let me walk around the Courthouse lawn and around the Square before we got in to the car to go to Wal-Mart. We shopped for some fun things at Wal-Mart and I was such a good girl and stayed in the seat the whole time. Noni bought me a swing that Popi is going to put under the deck. She got me some milk, yogurt and egg rolls too.

When we got home I played in the yard for a little while and Noni let me swing on the neighbors' swing. I was getting tired, so I took another nap until about 5, when Popi got home. I was so good - I played so nicely while Popi put some fertilizer on his yard and Noni fixed our supper. I ate a good meal, Mommy and Daddy. I had egg roll and lots and lots of macaroni and cheese and lots of applesauce too. It was yummy! Popi shared his pound cake with me after supper was over and Noni was doing the dishes.

You know, Mommy and Daddy, remember the castle Noni has - well I remembered all by myself how to drop the people down the tower and open the door at the bottom to let them out. I did that for a long time and I love to make that flagpole on the top spring back and forth. That made me laugh. There's a cool village there to and I remember how to wind the siren to make the noise and to spring the lamppost back and forth and make a funny noise like the flag on the castle. Popi found me the people to drop down the tower and then showed me how to play with them and the village.

Noni let me run around barefoot and in my onesie for a while before I took my bath. The bath was the best - I just squealed when I saw my kitty cat friend and I called his name over and over again. Then the green elephant made the coolest noises when I squeezed him under water and then let him up. I just laughed so hard over and over again while I did that. Noni and Popi thought it was so funny too that they just laughed and laughed. Noni kept pouring the bucket of water down my back and that made me giggle too. Bathtime was so much fun! I was in such a good mood and I was very good while Noni dried me off and dressed me for bed. Popi watched my bath and then helped get me ready for bed. He even tucked me in. I am tired, Mommy and Daddy, but I've had a very good day.




DAY 3
Hi Mommy and Daddy,

I had another good day at Noni and Popi's.

I woke up around 8 o'clock. I played in my pajamas with ALL the toys until breakfast. I ate a very good breakfast of muffins, bacon and eggs. I played again with all the toys, but especially the castle and the village. The castle has a lot of neat doors and things to open and shut and I can drop those people down the tower and pull them out the bottom. Popi read some of my alphabet books to me and then I got tired and took a good nap.

When I got up Noni fixed me a grilled cheese sandwich, but I wasn't very hungry. I had had a big breakfast and just nibbled at lunch time. Then I got all dressed up for the birthday party. When Noni and I got there there were balloons everywhere. I couldn't keep my eyes off them. When Noni would pull the string down so I could see them good, I would back away. I'm not real sure I want to be that close to them. I wandered around and heard a lot of people talk about how cute I am. I kept right on moving. I found a little boy who I liked to play with. They had a bean bag toss and this little boy and I would throw the foam clown noses we were given to play with. I had a grand time. Noni thought I might have a crick in my neck tomorrow because of all the time I spent looking up at the balloons. Noni shared this drink they had - it was called punch - and you know, Mommy and Daddy, that stuff was so good I barely left any in the cup for Noni to drink. I held so tight to that cup because I liked that stuff so much I wanted to drink it all.

After we got home I took another nap and slept till about 4:30. Popi needed to get some things at Costco so we put our coats on and headed out again. I rode in the cart so nicely the whole time for Noni. You would have been proud of me. Then we went to Golden Corral and had supper. They have the BEST mashed potatoes. I ate bunches and bunches of them. A few green beans and some macaroni and cheese My tummy was full.

Noni thought I had a lot of energy to burn so we went to the Mall. They put me down and just let me wander and roam wherever I wanted. We went in one or two stores, but mostly I just charged down the Mall. I kept hearing people talk about how cute I am - do a lot of people think I'm that cute? Noni says you betcha. I went into Claire's Boutique and Popi and I checked out the beads. There were lots and lots of them. Later I went into the Hallmark Store and you wouldn't believe all the bunny rabbits and chicks that I gave hugs to. I picked them up, hugged them real tight and then ran to show Noni and Popi what I had found. I found soft long-eared bunnies, fat round bunnies, bunnies with long, long legs, little bunnies in baskets and some chicks in their eggs.

As we headed back to the end of the Mall where we came in, there was this great big, huge bunny rabbit sitting in a big chair. Noni thought I should go sit in his lap to say "hi". I did and just as I got settled and began to think maybe I didn't want to be there, this bright light flashed. I really, really decided I didn't want to be there so Noni came to my rescue. She turned me over to Popi while she did something and he and I sat on a bench and watched other kids go up to say "hi" to this great huge bunny. Noni came back with a big packet in her hand. I think it might have had something to do with the great big bunny. Maybe she'll show you.

That was the end of our evening at the Mall, but I really, really enjoyed walking and walking and walking. I did some yakking and squealing as well. That made Noni and Popi laugh. It was so much fun. We'll have to do that sometime after you get home.

I was very, very tired when we got home. Noni fixed my bath water and when I got in the tub, guess who was there? KITTY CAT!!!! I was so happy to see kitty cat and I got all excited. Maybe I just thought I was tired. I played with kitty cat, then the bucket and don't you know Noni poured more water over and over and over me. Then we played a new game. She held my ankles together and swished me back and forth up and down the tub. That was so funny - it really made me giggle. All my toys and the water would go rushing by me when she would swish me back and forth.

Now I really am tired and I'm all ready for bed. Hope you had a good day!!

I love you and miss you,
Emma



Labels: