Monday, April 10, 2006
Noni's Report - Day 4
Dear Mommy and Daddy,

Today was really bright sunshiny day, but a little cool.

I woke up at my usual time and Noni and Popi were busy getting ready to go to church. Noni fixed me a light breakfast and then she dressed me and we headed off to church. Since it was Palm Sunday Noni and Popi thought they were having nursery for all three services, but that wasn't the case. There was no nursery for the first service. They took me into the sanctuary with them and I did pretty good for a while, but finally Noni decided I needed some space and we went out to the lobby. That was my opportunity to explore and I really did. I walked all the hallways, visited a couple of empty classrooms and had a really neat time crawling down a row of chairs. Noni just shook her head and laughed at me. I was very careful though and didn't hurt myself at all.

We had pancakes and scrambled eggs for breakfast when we got home and then I took a nap for about an hour and a half. When I got up Noni fixed me lunch and I had that toddler meal you don't like the smell of (mashed potatoes with cheese and broccoli) and I ate the WHOLE THING. Noni chopped us some string cheese for me too and I ate most of that.

After lunch Popi wanted to cut the grass, so Noni bundled me up like it was 30 degrees outside and I got to ride around on the lawnmower on Popi's lap. I watched the birds and watched the golfers and kept an eye on the kitty cat next door. Popi said I hardly moved the whole time I rode around with him. When we finished the lawn, I came inside and played in the rec room while Noni did some ironing. That looked like work to me.

I pushed the stroller all around the rec room. I didn't want the doll baby in it so Noni loaded it up with plastic eggs and I pushed those things all over the place. I got hung up a time or two on the furniture, but managed to work myself free. After a while I lost patience and started crabbing when I got stuck. Noni asked me if I wanted to take a nap and I thought it was a good idea and held up my hands for her to pick me up and take me. I was ready.

After my nap, we put our coats on and went to pick up Great-Grandmommy to go to dinner. This time we ate at Wendys. I had 3 1/2 chicken nuggets and a container of mixed fruit yogurt. I got another Potato Head like the last one I had. I ate all of the yogurt and then Popi let me have some Frosty. That was the best. Noni let me spoon it out of the cup myself and I didn't do bad. At least I didn't get any on my bib or clothes. We took Great-Grandmommy home and visited for a while. She laughed at things I said and did. That was OK with me. I looked through a little album she had on her coffee table and I found a picture of both of you in there. I kept flipping back and forth through the album and then coming back to your picture. You know, mommy and daddy, I think you're pretty people.

Noni thought you might like to know some of the words I've said while you've been gone. Here are a few: shoes, Popi (yes, I'm finally beginning to master it), baby, kitty cat, bath, hat, hot. They keep saying all these words to me and I'm trying to say them, but sometimes there are just too many.

I had another fun bath and then Noni and Popi both tucked me into bed. I will sleep well tonight, and then tomorrow I get to go play with some other kids at Miss Wanda's.

I love you and miss you,
Emma

Labels: