Saturday, April 22, 2006
The rest of the evening
That evening, exhausted by our search for a good restaurant, we wussed out and went to Hard Rock Dublin. It was fun anyway. I knew I was supposed to be there when I found myself seated across from the wide screen TV showing music videos and a poster of Queen. After a long and leisurely dinner we hit the streets in search of a pub. No luck. I'll tell you, at night the streets are filled with a certain sense of menace in Dublin. People there are serious about their quest for booze. Us...not so much. After cruising a few blocks we decided that our best bet might be the pub at our hotel. When we got there it was packed full and hot as hell. We walked in, did a turn and walked out. We headed back to our rooms for another night of bad Irish TV. In all honesty it was after 10:00 p.m. and we had walked miles and miles all day and I was shot.

Here is a scene from our walk that evening. Some street performers. The guy is doing a fire dance while the hippies are beating on bongos.