Sunday, May 14, 2006
He done good...
in the Mother's Day card department. Within me there is this battle that rages between cheapness and indulgence. When it comes to off-the-rack greeting cards the cheapness in me gets a good workout. I usually buy nicer cards in bulk. So when shopping for a card for my mother there was was I liked, and then what I was willing to pay for. I mean, give me a break! $4.74 for a card? But I really liked it. So I looked for nice/cheaper ones and kept coming back to the one I really liked. Then I'd think, well if anyone is worth it, it's Noni. But then the other voice would pop up "$5.00 for one card!?!" Yeah, yeah, "she's worth it" won out. I think the greeting card industry counts on that hook. After all...when you care enough to give the very best...blah, blah, blah.

BUT THEN, darned if my husband give me a card almost exactly like it. It's definitely the same line. I mentioned how much I liked it and my dilemma when choosing mom's. He said, "I didn't even look at what it cost, I bought what I liked." Sigh.