Sunday, May 07, 2006
Local playground
This is actually the playground at our K-12 school complex. We went after work on Friday. I let her play and explore for about an hour. We did the two smaller slides and the tunnel and the wobbly deck and swings. You need two adults for the high slides, one at the top and one at the bottom, so maybe we'll take Daddy next time. The only real (bloody) injury she suffered was my fault. I was trying to keep my hand behind her butt to keep her from sliding back down the steep part of the blue tunnel. I accidentally pushed her butt and she overbalanced forward and busted her lip. Oops.

This trip ended like the last trip to the park. She did NOT want to leave. I had to carry her, kicking and screaming and crying and protesting, to the parking lot. When I put her down she refused to head to the car. So I let her walk around the school yard. I wasn't in any rush and it wasn't worth the fight at the moment. Eventually I did corral her and put her in the car, the child cursing me the whole way.