Wednesday, May 10, 2006
This is what I drove in high school


That picture isn't the one I drove, it's just the same model. It's a 1979 MGB convertible in racing green. Yeah, I was a very lucky girl. Dad bought it as the "third car," so it was never really mine. It was hard to convince people of that because the license plate actually had my name on it. This car was also responsible for making people (high school people) think we were rich. Maybe that was part of the great master plan. My friends named the car "The Frog."

Anyway, the sad part is that I had little appreciation for it at the time. Don't get me wrong, I had GREAT appreciation for having a car that had wheels and ran. And that was pretty much it. The convertible top was nice, but the car could only carry two people. Which if you consider teenage drivers, wasn't a bad idea. But I think you lose safety points for the convertible, compact sports car part.

I'm still not much of a car freak. You can tell because I never wash mine. If it runs I'm happy with it; that's the extent of my love for cars.

I love seeing a beautiful classic car, and I'd love to drive one. But I'd still have a hard time babying it or treating it as anything other than a way to get from Point A to Point B.