Friday, June 16, 2006
Shot Glass of the Day
My alma mater, the College of William and Mary in Virginia. It's the second oldest university in the United States, behind Harvard. Presidents Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe, and John Tyler went there. It's located in Williamsburg, Virginia. I chose William & Mary because of it's size, compared to my other option, the University of Virginia. I just couldn't see sitting in freshman classes of 500 people so I chose the smaller school. I think I chose well. Even though I was in a school with a lot of exceptionally bright people, I don't think I embarrassed myself. I even made the honor society in my major, government. Other attendees of this school include Glenn Close, Linda Lavin, Jon Stewart, and Patton Oswalt (although I'm not sure Patton graduated) I did meet Patton once when I was a freshman. He went to high school with my freshman roommate at Broad Run in Ashburn. Back then he was a skinny little guy with a 'fro. He was funny. I do remember that.