Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Shot Glass of the Day
Did anyone miss it yesterday? Yeah, I didn't think so. But screw it, I'm gonna finish this series. Here is the last glass of the Florida trip for Uncle B's graduation. M. and I decided we wanted to see the Gulf Coast so for the last couple of days we headed west. Amazingly we went without reservations set; we figured we'd pick a place when we got there. I think we ended up staying at a Holiday Inn on the water. Treasure Island ended up being our stopping point. We spent two nights there and saw the Don Cesar. We went out for Mexican food, and crab legs and I got sunburnt to a crisp. One vivid memory I have of that trip was the last night of our vacation The Wizard of Oz was on the tube as we were packing. M. thought we should stop and go out for a walk for a while. As we're walking along the beach we hear the sound of a solitary bagpipe playing tunes. We finally pass by where this guy, in a kilt, is practicing under the canopy of a closed food joint. Surreal and wonderful.