Thursday, June 29, 2006
Shot Glass of the Day
This shot glass is from Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson. Early in our marriage M. and I rode our motorcycles there from Mom and Dad's to take the tour. We had a very nice visit there. Then we road into Charlottesville so M. could take me to The Hardware Store for lunch. I think it had a micro-brewery before they were cool. Anyway it was closed. But we found a nice little place downtown and had lunch. I remember the cheesecake, but then I would. We hit the interstate to head back and it started raining almost immediately. It was really pouring so we stopped at a rest stop and tried to wait it out. We didn't have much luck with that; we waited a long time and it never did quit. So we just gritted our teeth and hit the road again. I had the worst end of the deal. M's motorcycle had a windshield so the rain was blowing around him. I had no windshield so the rain was basically blowing in my crotch. Fun, fun! Nothing like riding down the interstate with a cold wet crotch.