Monday, August 28, 2006
My first kiss
I knew it was going to happen. I had a boyfriend and the dance was that night. We had been "going together" for a couple of weeks. He and I had spent two years flirting at the pool. Now we were at the same school and he finally asked me to "go with him." Which mostly consisted of sitting together at lunch.

It was seventh grade. I was making new friends, wishing I could wear makeup, finally shaving my legs and looking forward to that first kiss like all freshly minted new teens do. So we're at the dance, slow dancing, holding hands, our teen hormones raging like crazy.

We're sitting on the bleachers and he lays it on me, the moment I've been waiting for. There was tongue; I was expecting that. What I wasn't expecting was to be totally repulsed by it. I thought I'd be fine. But the actuality of it was a bit of a gross-out. Perhaps it was his technique. Not long after that dance I broke up with him. Grew to despise him by the time we graduated. Ah...the power of a kiss!

EPILOGUE

After I graduated from college and was living in my apartment in my hometown I bumped into him at the library. We chatted and I realized that we really could get along well. He would call me and we'd go out and do things. I was actually getting to the point (desperate) where I was considering letting him get closer. One evening he was over at my place and I was prepared for escalation. Then he blew it. Totally and completely screwed himself over. He made a comment to me "are you still working out anymore?" Smart, asshole. A woman is thinking about letting down her defenses a little and you make a comment on her body. Case closed, game over. I think I let him kiss me that night and then sent him on his merry way.

After that I concluded that I really was desperate. He was not respectful and I didn't need that again. He was late several times with lame excuses and did not generally follow through on promises. He thought he was going to show me that he was hot stuff in the sack too. Ha! AS IF! And here's the kicker, I went by his mom's house one time, WHERE HE LIVED, and in the bathroom there was a giant honkin' floater in the unflushed toilet. Actually, come to think of it, that probably squelched the deal right there.