Thursday, August 03, 2006
Updates
1. Emma's rash is gone. It was pretty much gone yesterday. I guess all it took was for me to pay my $25 to the medical center.

2. B. and K. closed on their house today. They got new cell phones too. For a little while they may even have a respite from the contant ringing of the dang-blamed things. When we were in Germany with them it was my observation that I had never seen people who got so many phone calls. They were quite popular. Our phone never rings, what does that say about us?

3. I got a phone call from my nieces and nephew this morning. Noni said they'd been dying to talk to me. So they get on the phone and all I hear is one word answers and it's like pulling teeth to get them to talk. The three year old had the most to say. I suspect what they're actually dying for is for me to bring Emma over RIGHT NOW!

4. It has been so stinking hot here. Even in the mountains. It's been those handful of days when we actually needed an air conditioner. Thank goodness I finally had the sense to put box fans in the upstairs windows to cool the rooms at night.