Saturday, September 30, 2006
Convoy
I keep a few toys in Emma's "shopping day" bag. She'll ask for them when she gets bored. Often she'll ask for them in car on our way to Noni's or on the way home. This is how it goes:

"Truck"

What?

"Truck"

How do you ask?

"Truck, please."

So I root in the bag and hand her back the truck.

"Tractor"

How do you ask?

"Tractor, please."

I hand her back the tractor.

"Bus."

Emma, what to you say?

"Pleeeeeease."

I hand her the bus. She'll play with the collection for a while, making the accompanying car noises. One by one each vehicle escapes her grip and falls to the floor. That's the end of the game because I certainly can't search for them while I'm driving.

Here are the stars of this story...



But then, tragically, we lost the bus. When I say lost I mean I have no idea how, when, where or why it disappeared. When I went shopping for a replacement bus I couldn't find one anywhere. Desperate, I purchased a transit bus. It's a bus, right?



So next time we're traveling she begins the routine, "Truck, tractor, bus." With great hopes, I hand back the bus.

"School bus."

Sigh.

So I put out an APB to everyone to pick me up a school bus if they ever see one. Weekend before last, while shopping with M., we hit the jackpot, a school bus. Of course it was in a five-pack of Nickelodeon themed vehicles. The downside is that we bought four vehicles we don't care about. The upside is that Emma now owns a gen-u-wine SpongeBob Squarepants school bus:



Sweet.