Sunday, October 15, 2006
Emma's second birthday cake, or Easy Squeeze, my ass!
This one I did all by myself. Scratch that, Noni bought the Elmo, Mr. Noodle, and Dorothy kit from Walmart. But I did the decorating. I don't think I embarrassed myself too badly. It tasted good; it's devils food with cream cheese icing.

I used Cake Mate Easy Squeeze decorating icing for the red accents. Let me tell you something, "easy squeeze" is a frickin' lie. My hand is still sore from trying to squeeze the icing out of that tube to get started. Once the stuff was flowing it wasn't much easier. The directions tell you to knead the packaging before using. Right. What the directions should say is find yourself a nice comfy seat on the couch for half an hour and sit your ass on the packaging. Maybe then it would be soft enough to use.

Think I'm kidding? Think I'm exaggerating? The stuff was so hard to squeeze out of the tube when I started that the packaging had a blowout. Thank God for duct tape.