Friday, October 13, 2006
...you look like a monkey...
and smell like one too!

Yes, it's my birthday. Today was a better day at work, but still exhausting. The week is over and I'm done so you won't have to hear complaining about that for a few days.

My family has a long-standing tradition of calling each other on our birthdays and actually singing happy birthday (no, we pay no royalties). My brother caught me first, shortly after I got to work. Later in the morning my Mom got me at work too. Then my Dad got me at supper. It's kinda dorky but it's fun; we're pretty much dorks at heart anyway.

M. made us crablegs for supper, with pan-fried potato slices on the side. Except since our plates were totally covered in crab the potatos sat in a bowl. I gave Emma two servings of the potato slices, cutting them up with a knife each time. Next thing I know she's over there picking them up out of the bowl and making a stacked tower of slices. It was pretty funny. The best part was she actually ate them all.

M. and Emma gave me a watch for my birthday. I tried to take a picture for you but my battery crapped out. Which makes their second gift to me even more clever...they got me a second camera battery. I really needed that.

Tomorrow Noni and Popi are coming over for the fall festival here. Unfortunately the leaves have already peaked so they're not as pretty as they were. We'll go to town and visit the SPCA's sweater sale, the library's used book sale, the Farmer's Market and whatever crafters we can find. Oh, they'll have clogging too. They have cloggers at everything here. Best of all, Noni is bringing the fixings for my birthday dinner, peppersteak. And a Pop's cake for dessert. Yay!