Thursday, November 16, 2006
The season is almost upon us
And I can feel the pressure sneaking up on me. I have to admit something. I almost ruined it for myself last year. By the time Christmas morning arrived I was so worn out and frazzled that I had to force myself to enjoy it. I was exhausted, my head hurt and I felt awful. I really don't want that to happen this year. Maybe having a weekend to get ready will slow things down a bit.

So what's the pressure now? I need to start shopping and the Christmas card needs to be prepared. If you didn't know it, Christmas cards are big with me. I'm very faithful. I've been doing them since jr. high when I used to draw and color in my own handmade cards. Last year my cards were so overdone that we had to pay extra postage for many of them. This year I thought I might actually do a picture postcard thingy from Snapfish or Costco. The pressure is coming up with the picture. I have many favorites from this year, but you've seen them all. The recent ones are fair weather pictures and will look strange on a Christmas card. In the next week or two I have to produce THE picture. No pressure.

BTW, if any of you, my loyal readers, would like to receive a Christmas card from us you can email me your address at the email link available at right. I promise not to misuse your address or stalk you. You should know by now I'm too lazy to bother.