Thursday, November 09, 2006
The Vocalizer
At my first meeting we had a really interesting speaker. I was very interested in his topic and while he spoke for over an hour, he could have gone on longer as far as I was concerned.

Except...

There was a woman sitting next to me that made noise the entire time. I'm guessing it was unconcious most of the time. One of those hum-hummers. Except she'd say things too. She'd comment or respond to the speaker, like she was sitting in her own living room. The speaker would ask a question of the crowd and she'd answer quietly, and then again louder, and again, and again, but never loud enough for the speaker to actually hear her. Once or twice she'd say the wrong answer and I wanted to laugh out loud. Maybe I should have offered her Emma's spare pacifier in my purse.