Friday, December 22, 2006
Lookee! Lookee!
This is a Christmas card I received from Nat or Nat-Bear. She blogs at A Mother's Journey and is a frequent commenter here. While her home is in Britain, right now she's visiting her family in Moldova. Since most of you are probably saying "Where?," I encourage you to take a minute and look it up here. It is a former Soviet state and achieved it's independence in 1991, a few years after the fall of the Berlin wall.

I love this card. The picture doesn't do it justice because it doesn't portray the three-dimensionality of the card very well. I love the colors and the style, very ornate. Thank you so much, Nat! Now please tell me what it says ;)

I've spoken to Nat a bit about her homeland. I'm very interested because I went into college thinking I was going to be an International Relations major. I took Russian language and several government classes specializing in Soviet studies. I was actually in college when the wall came down and was fascinated as we watched the Soviet communist system collapse.

We're trying to get Nat to tell us stories of her youth in Moldova on her blog. She thinks she's boring, but to us she'd have fascinating stories to tell. Come on, Nat, tell us some stories!