Try maintaining the health and well-being of a two year-old. For starters, just leaving the house requires major preparation. Here are some highlights.
1. Always, ALWAYS have a paci and Tigger at the ready, wherever you are, NO MATTER WHAT.
2. To go to Mary's you must have lunch, milk in a sippy, and plenty of diapers and wipes.
3. When we go out shopping I must have the black bag with diapers, wipes, water in a straw sippy, raisins, pretzels, truck, tractor, school bus, motorcycle and car.
4. When we go on long trips we must have a "show." (DVD in player)
5. No hats! Baseball caps excepted.
6. No mittens or gloves. Forget it.
7. Must be allowed to help dump potty and flush.
8. Must have Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse or Dora ready to go at a moment's notice.
9. Must let her turn of her lamp before bed and after diaper change in the morning. Mr. Moon must be turned off before we can leave the room.
10. Must give Daddy a kiss before we leave in the morning.
11. Must shut yard gate behind us.
12. When we go to the store must grab Pringles, water and produce a car to ride in.
13. Must let her read her own books. Do not presume to read them to her unless she asks.
14. Must know where the Russian dolls are at all times.
15. Must be ready to go with the crayons or the playdoh at a moments notice.
There's more, but some demands come and go, so you definitely have to be on your toes.