Thursday, February 22, 2007
The magical perm
You know what I'm talking about. The perm that would change you from a plain chunky girl with braces into a hot babe. That's what I was hoping for. Instead what I got was gen-u-wine Grade A poodle head disaster. Now I was a plain chunky girl with braces and poodle hair. Naturally curly hair + perm = horror show. As with most hair disasters, it was temporary.



On a side note, the little guy in the picture was one of those who was always picked on by the rest of the guys in the group. He was the youngest and smallest. I was always nice to him because he was mistreated and needed a friend and he was actually quite clever and entertaining. Within a matter of years he grew bigger and then treated me like I was beneath him. I never quite understood that. I believe he's a doctor now. I guess he was practicing.

UPDATE: Wow, I humbly take back the snark. I just Googled him and he's an Army Major and an orthopedic surgeon. He served with the 212th MASH unit, the last MASH unit left before they folded up the MASH programs and converted to Combat Support Hospitals. He spent some of his time in Pakistan performing surgeries for the local population. Well done!