Thursday, March 29, 2007
Mommy, I made Lori cry
When I picked up Emma from Mary's yesterday Mary said Emma and Lori (age 3 1/2) had been fighting like cats and dogs all afternoon. I asked, "What were they fighting over?" Everything. Oh boy. So on the way home we talked about it. I asked Emma if she made Lori cry. She said yes. I told her that wasn't nice and she had to be nice to Lori, don't make her cry. We covered the topic about ten times that night. M did the same thing with her. Every time it would come up she'd say "I made Lori cry..." She'd always draw out the last word. This morning when I dropped her off I told her to be nice to Lori today.

When I picked her up I asked Mary how the girls had done. She said fine. So when we got in the car I asked Emma if she had been nice to Lori today, to reinforce the message of being nice. She said, "Mommy, I made Lori cry..." I said Emma, that was yesterday. "I made Lori cry." Emma, that was yesterday, just be nice to Lori. When Daddy got home he asked Emma if she had been nice to Lori. "Daddy, I made Lori cry." Followed shortly thereafter with, "Daddy, Beaker poked me in my eye."